CCNA 1 ITN Chapter 1 v5.0 Exam Answers 2014
(Introduction to Networks)
1. Which two Internet solutions provide an always-on, high-bandwidth connection to computers on a LAN? (Choose two.)
2. What type of network must a home user access in order to do online shopping?
a local area network
3. What are two functions of intermediary devices on a network? (Choose two.)
They are the primary source and providers of information and services to end devices.
They form the interface between the human network and the underlying communication network.
They direct data along alternate pathways when there is a link failure.
They run applications that support collaboration for business.
They filter the flow of data, based on security settings.
4. Fill in the blank.
The acronym “BYOD” refers to the trend of end users being able to use their personal devices to access the business network and resources.
5. Which description correctly defines a converged network?
a network that allows users to interact directly with each other over multiple channels
a network that is limited to exchanging character-based information
a dedicated network with separate channels for video and voice services
a single network channel capable of delivering multiple communication forms
Drag and drop
Match each characteristic to its corresponding internet conectivity type.
- satellite -> Not suited for heavily wooded areas
- dialup telephone -> typically has very low bandwidth
- DSL -> splits the access line into three signals
- cable -> uses coaxial cable as a medium
Drag and drop
Match the form of network communication with its description.
- Web pages that groups of people can edit and view together -> wiki
- Interactive websites where people created and share user-generated content with friends and family -> Social media
- real-time communication of between two or more people -> instant messaging
- an audio-based medium that allows people to deliver their recordings to a wide audience -> podcast
8. Drag and drop
Match each definition to the corresponding security goal:
- maintaining integrity -> the assurance that the information has not been altered during transmission
- ensuring confidentiality -> only the intended recipients can access and read the data
- ensuring availability -> the assurance of timely and reliable access to data
9. Which statement describes a characteristic of cloud computing?
A business can connect directly to the Internet without the use of an ISP.
Devices can connect to the Internet through existing electrical wiring.
Investment in new infrastructure is required in order to access the cloud.
Applications can be accessed over the Internet through a subscription.
10. Which two Internet connection options do not require that physical cables be run to the building? (Choose two.)
dedicated leased line
11. What is a characteristic of circuit-switched networks?
A single message can be broken into multiple message blocks that are transmitted through multiple circuits simultaneously.
If all circuits are busy, a new call cannot be placed.
If a circuit fails, the call will be forwarded on a new path.
Circuit-switched networks can dynamically learn and use redundant circuits.
12. Requiring strong, complex passwords is a practice that supports which network security goal?
maintaining communication integrity
ensuring data confidentiality
ensuring reliability of access
13. What two criteria are used to help select network media? (Choose two.)
the distance the media can successfully carry a signal
the environment where the media is to be installed
the cost of the end devices utilized in the network
the number of intermediary devices installed in the network
the types of data that need to be prioritized
14. Which statement describes a network that supports QoS?
Data sent over the network is not altered in transmission.
The fewest possible devices are affected by a failure.
The network provides predictable levels of service to different types of traffic.
The network should be able to expand to keep up with user demand.
Refer to the exhibit. Which set of devices contains only intermediary devices?
A, B, E, F
A, B, D, G
G, H, I, J
C, D, G, I
16. Which device performs the function of determining the path that messages should take through internetworks?
a web server
a DSL modem
17. Which tool provides real-time video and audio communication over the Internet so that businesses can conduct corporate meetings with participants from several remote locations?
18. Which two statements about the relationship between LANs and WANs are true? (Choose two.)
Both LANs and WANs connect end devices.
WANs are typically operated through multiple ISPs, but LANs are typically operated by single organizations or individuals.
WANs connect LANs at slower speed bandwidth than LANs connect their internal end devices.
The Internet is a WAN.
WANs must be publicly-owned, but LANs can be owned by either public or private entities.
19. Which three network tools provide the minimum required security protection for home users? (Choose three.)
an intrusion prevention system
access control lists
20. Which area of the network would a college IT staff most likely have to redesign as a direct result of many students bringing their own tablets and smartphones to school to access school resources?
21. Which expression accurately defines the term congestion?
a method of limiting the impact of a hardware or software failure on the network
a set of techniques to manage the utilization of network resources
a state where the demand on the network resources exceeds the available capacity
a measure of the data carrying capacity of the network